City of Lake Oswego, OR
Forgot your password?
or, Sign In with:
Meeting Time: May 16, 2017 at 3:00pm PDT
380 A Avenue, Lake Oswego Anne-Marie Simpson email@example.com, 503-534-4225
Closed for Comment May 16, 2017 at 12:00pm PDT
The online Comment window has expired
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
4. CONSENT AGENDA * The consent agenda allows the City Council to consider items that require no discussion. * An item may only be discussed if it is pulled from the consent agenda. * The City Council makes one motion covering all items included in the consent agenda.
4.1 Public Improvement Contract Award for Work Order 253 for 2017 Preventive Street Maintenance – Slurry Seals
4.2 Amendment to a Personal Service Contract with Brown and Caldwell to Provide Program Management, Construction Management, and Permitting Services Relating to the Lake Oswego-Tigard Water Partnership
4.3 Resolution 17-19, A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Lake Oswego Adjusting the Budget for the Fiscal Year Commencing July 1, 2016 by Transferring Certain Appropriations.
4.4 Resolution 17-20, A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Lake Oswego Supporting an Application for a Local Government Grant for the Development of Iron Mountain Park
5. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA
6. CITIZEN COMMENT (15 minutes) The purpose of citizen comment is to allow citizens to present information or raise an issue regarding items not on the agenda or regarding agenda items that do not include a public hearing. A time limit of three minutes per individual shall apply.
6.1 Prior Citizen Comment Follow-Up
7. PUBLIC HEARING
7.1 Appeal of LU 16-0048, A quasi-judicial appeal of the Development Review Commission's Decision to Approve a Request by H. Hudson Homes for a two parcel minor partition at 1225 Chandler Road.
The City Council may choose to select from the four options offered here:
Motion one: Move to tentatively affirm the Development Review Commission's Decision and approve LU 16-0048 as conditioned, and to direct staff to produce findings, conclusions and an order finalizing the decision for adoption at the June 6, 2017, City Council meeting; or
Motion two: Modify the conditions of approval in the Commission's decision and approve LU 16-0048, and direct staff to produce findings, conclusions and an order finalizing the decision for adoption at the June 6, 2017, City Council meeting; or
Motion three: Reverse the Commission's decision and deny LU 16-0048, if Council finds reasons for denial, and direct staff to produce findings, conclusions and an order finalizing the decision for adoption at the June 6, 2017, City Council meeting; or
Motion four: Remand the decision to the Commission for additional evidence or consideration. (Note: Because of the statutory requirement of ORS 227.178 that a final decision be issued within 120 days after the application was deemed complete", this option should only be exercised with the consent of the applicant to waive the 120-day period.)
Public Hearing Process:
1. Review of hearing procedure by David Powell, City Attorney
2. Staff Report by Evan Fransted, Associate Planner
3. Testimony: the following time limits shall be observed, but may be changed by the Council: 15 minutes for the applicant, 15 minutes for the appellant, 10 minutes for representatives of recognized neighborhood associations, homeowner associations, government agencies, or other incorporated public interest organizations; five minutes per individual; five minutes for the applicant’s rebuttal
Please Note: Only those persons who testified orally or in writing before the Development Review Commission (DRC) may testify before the Council. Evidence is limited to the record before the DRC. No issue may be raised before the City Council that was not raised before the DRC with sufficient specificity to enable the DRC to respond.
4. Questions of Staff
8.1 Resolution 17-25. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Lake Oswego Granting the City Manager Authority to Purchase Interests in Properties Necessary for the Construction of the Boones Ferry Road Project.
9. STUDY SESSIONS
9.1 Exceptions to Lake Oswego Style Requirement in the Downtown Redevelopment Design District (PP 17-0003)
9.2 Emergency Operations Plan Update
10. COUNCIL BUSINESS
EXECUTITVE SESSION: Under authority of ORS 192.660 (2)(f) to consider records that are exempt by law from public inspection.
10.1 Stafford Urban Reserve Intergovernmental Agreement
11. INFORMATION FROM COUNCIL
12. REPORTS OF OFFICERS